Different Ways You Can Protect Your Humble Home From Termites
September 15, 2022 - Termites
If you want to ensure the stability of your home, having pest control in Humble is one significant way to do that. Termites and similar wood-destroying insects can appear but remain undetected for weeks or months. The reason is that they often crawl out of sight, between foundations, or in soil. Evidence of termite damage doesn’t arrive right away.
To combat termites, Americans put out roughly $5 billion, which goes toward examinations, prevention efforts, treatments, and recovery. You assume insurance agencies will help, but they usually don’t. You can’t wait for the worst to happen. It’s essential to learn about various management tactics and the signs of termites inside your house. Bugtime Pest Control can assist you with deterrence and elimination.
Methods Of Termite Control In Humble
Different termites exist in the United States, but they all have three parts to their colonies. Workers in this area are white or grayish-white, and 0.12 of an inch long, and yellow-brown soldiers guard them with fat mandibles and rectangular heads. Swarmers stay busy mating and building new nests when current ones are full. These yellow, brown, or black bugs are winged and 0.50 of an inch long. Fixtures and windowsills might be covered with them because they favor lights.
When people try to eradicate termites on their own, they typically purchase baits or insecticides from stores. Other common approaches include orange oil, boric acid, or vinegar applications. If able, they’ll take wood outside to sit under the sun. These options will prove to be just mildly effective. At best, portions of termites will die: this isn’t good enough for an infestation problem. Further, such avenues could be expensive or hazardous to use. Another point to consider is that professionals know how to identify subspecies and select the proper treatment.
How Often Should You Treat A House For Termites?
Invasions of termites can happen anytime, an annual home inspection is a remedy, and treatments should be recurring. Signs of termites inside your house are:
- Seeing swarmers flying around
- Discovering loose swarmer wings
- Observing mounds of fecal frass near termite mud tubes, maze patterns, and holes
- Having walls that sound hollow
- Hearing soft noises from inside foundations
- Noticing paint is bloating and peeling
- Finding that drywall is waning and becoming discolored
- Tiles loosening and floorboards giving way
- Tight-fitting doors and window frames
Seek expert care when these indicators are apparent; they could become severe. Keep your home safe with the protection of Bugtime Pest Control.
What Is Considered During A Termite Damage Inspection?
Again, yearly surveys of your property are imperative if you want to catch evidence of termite damage as soon as possible. Our Bugtime Pest Control technicians will search for signs of activity, damage, and potential vulnerabilities during an inspection, and both interior and exterior will be reviewed.
Termite Control In Humble
Do the following to discourage termites:
- Get rid of wood that’s wrecked or decaying.
- Promptly fix moisture hitches and leaks; begin with those affecting wood.
- Patch up openings in foundations, utility lines, and caulk.
- Put screens on all doors that face the outside.
- Flush out your gutters and vents regularly.
- Place wood and plants two feet away from the property.
- Keep free wood, like carpentry panels, from having contact with soil.
- Mow the lawn and trim the greenery on a routine basis.
Bugtime Pest Control offers services to enhance your prevention steps. If these pests cause trouble, we’ll stop them with our safe solutions. Our industrial-grade techniques include soil-based bait stations, liquid barriers, pre-construction treatments, and Wood-Destroying Insect Reports. Call us today and receive a free inspection!