How To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Humble Home
November 15, 2021 - Cockroaches
Contrary to popular belief, it is entirely possible to have a full-blown pest infestation without ever knowing it. If infestations continue to thrive for long periods of time, the consequences could be extremely severe. This is particularly relevant for cockroaches, some of the most dangerous insects in the Humble area.
Of the thousands of roach species found worldwide, there are only four major cockroaches found in Humble, TX: the American roach, the German roach, the Oriental roach, and the Brown-banded roach. Each of these creatures maintains a similar set of characteristics:
- Roaches prefer to crawl rather than fly, although many species have a pair of folded wings across their abdomens.
- All roaches have large eyes and long, straight antennae.
- The six legs of a cockroach have additional spikes for grabbing purposes.
- Roaches are silent and make no noise other than the sound of their movement.
One of the most identifiable features of a Humble, TX cockroach is its incredible formidability. In fact, these insects are some of the most difficult pests to manage in residential and commercial environments. Roaches can hold their breath for 40 minutes, run up to three and a half miles per hour, and survive up to a week without food. In other words, they are virtually unkillable.
Let’s look at some ways to get rid of a deep-seated roach infestation around your Humble, TX home.
Making Cockroach Prevention Work Around Humble, TX
Most Humble homeowners know that roaches are a less-than-sanitary pest species. However, they may not know just how gross and dangerous these insects can really be. Roaches prefer to live in areas with a high level of humidity, plenty of available food, and lots of darkness. This draws them to unhygienic areas of the home, including dumpsters, sewers, and pipe systems.
Their wanton behavior can track an enormous number of pathogens through your home and business, some of which are potentially life-threatening. From parasite eggs to viruses to certain strains of bacteria, it can be unwise or even dangerous to engage with a cockroach species alone.
If you do not yet have a roach infestation around your Humble property, now is the best time to enact some strong prevention steps, such as:
- Identify and seal up any entry points that could allow roaches to access your property. When possible, it is always best to use waterproof caulking and pay close attention to doors, windows, and other frequently used entry points.
- Store raw foods, ingredients, and vegetables in plastic or glass containers. Try to keep food stored up high and off the floors or counter spaces.
- Keep trash locked up in airtight bins, opting to remove filled bags from the home at least once per week.
- Declutter the home often, looking for ways to get rid of unnecessary items or boxes.
- Address lingering moisture issues with a dehumidifier, set of desiccant bags, or by opening the windows for better aeration.
Get more cockroach prevention tips to avoid future infestations with the crew behind Bugtime Termite & Pest Control.
Bugtime Termite & Pest Control Is Ready To Tackle Cockroach Problems Head-On
No matter how many prevention tips you implement, getting total cockroach control is impossible without additional help. For the best cockroach control program in the Humble area, contact Bugtime Termite & Pest Control at any time. We offer total cockroach elimination, as well as over-the-counter products and do-it-yourself (DIY) tools at a time convenient to you. Call today to take advantage of our special offers! We can’t wait to see you.