How To Keep The Roaches In Humble Outside Where They Belong
January 15, 2023 - Cockroaches
If you’ve seen a cockroach in your home, you can rest assured that you likely have hundreds or thousands of cockroaches living in your home. Fortunately, there are professional Humble pest control companies like Bugtime Termite & Pest Control ready to battle on your behalf against these filthy pests.
Clear Signs You Have A Cockroach Problem
Cockroaches are experts at hiding and are often not the first sign of an infestation. There are many signs that you have cockroaches in your home, including:
- Pepper-like flecks on your kitchen counters – these are cockroach feces.
- Black streaks on your walls – this is where roaches have smeared their feces walking through them
- A musty odor – this is an indication of a large infestation’s pheromones
- Cockroach eggs or shed skins that are left behind as they grow
- Seeing the cockroaches themselves on your walls, floor, furniture, or countertops
Even if you only see one or two cockroaches here and there, you should prepare to fight them off because you probably have hundreds or more living in your walls.
German cockroaches, are the most commonly found cockroach in Humble homes, can breed six generations a year, with each female laying four to eight egg capsules with 30 to 40 eggs in each capsule. Without knowing how to eliminate cockroaches, you could easily have a population of millions within a year.
All The Ways Roaches In Your Home Can Make You Sick
What diseases do cockroaches carry? These Humble pests are known to carry 33 different types of bacteria, six types of parasitic worms, and at least seven more pathogens that can infect you and your family.
Here are the most commonly spread health issues:
- E. coli
- Typhoid fever
German cockroaches also have the added danger of triggering allergy and asthma attacks. Their feces, urine, and decaying bodies add to the dust in your house and can cause allergic reactions, especially in children. However, it’s also possible that you can develop an allergy to German roaches as you get older.
Five Simple Yet Powerful Cockroach Prevention Tips For Your Home
There are many ways you can prevent cockroach infestations in your Humble home in the first place, including:
- Keeping a clean kitchen. Wipe up spills and crumbs as they happen, and don’t leave dirty dishes piled up in the sink. Cockroaches are attracted to food sources in your kitchen.
- Take out your kitchen trash daily, and keep your outside trash cans covered and at least six feet away from your home. Cockroaches love trash cans – they’re like cockroach buffets.
- Seal all the cracks and crevices you can find in your foundation and walls. German cockroaches can fit through surprisingly tiny cracks.
- Vacuum often, especially if your family eats somewhere other than in the kitchen. Dining rooms, living rooms, family rooms, and bedrooms are all at risk for cockroaches if food is consumed in them.
- Use dehumidifiers and air conditioning units to dry the air in your home. Cockroaches are attracted to moist conditions, which is why they’re typically found in bathrooms and kitchens.
If you know how to prevent cockroaches in Humble, you can help yourself avoid a massive infestation.
What It Takes To Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Home
If you want to know how to get rid of cockroaches in Humble for good, the answer is simple: Call a professional pest control company like Bugtime Termite & Pest Control. If you don’t want to go all-in with our services, we do have a store where you can purchase the same treatments we use to get rid of cockroaches, such as chemicals and equipment to apply them.
However, for a major infestation, we recommend that you engage our technicians to come to fight the good fight against the cockroaches for you. Our veteran-owned business employs technicians with over 100 combined years of experience in pest control. Contact us to request an inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Humble.