The Secret To Getting Rid Of Mice In Your Humble Home
October 15, 2021 - Mice
Some pests are incredibly tiny and hard to detect. Others are destructive and dangerous. The worst is a combination of both. A pest that fits the description of the latter is none other than the notorious house mouse. House mice have become almost entirely dependent on human activity over the years and are considered some of the most dangerous animals in the world.
Mice are relatively easy to identify, especially if you can see them in person:
- Mice are roughly four to five inches long on average.
- Most mice appear in color patterns of brown, tan, and grey.
- Unlike rats, mice have large ears, pointed snouts, and furry tails.
- The tail of a mouse is significantly smaller than a rat and usually covered in fuzzy hair.
The Dangers Of Rodents
Many homeowners have come to consider mice as harmless or even cute critters, occasionally passing through homes and businesses on their quest for food. What they fail to realize, however, is that mice are extremely dangerous to people, pets, and their properties.
House mice are known for carrying significant illnesses, ranging from viruses and parasites to serious forms of bacteria. Mice also carry secondary pests along with them, including ticks and fleas. They will take no time at all to establish a nesting site for themselves and their offspring, which number 300 per female mouse in a single lifetime. Worst of all, mice are highly destructive and chew through wood, drywall, food items, and furniture to access the materials they need.
If you think there is a mouse problem afoot, you can bet it's not just 'one little mouse' in the walls. Instead, you may be looking at a fully-fledged infestation.
Mouse Prevention Tips For Humble Homeowners
Mice can squeeze through holes the size of a dime and cause infestations without being detected. For this reason, enact mouse prevention steps as quickly and securely as possible.
Here are some of the most helpful rodent prevention tips in the Humble, TX area:
- Manage the amount of humidity present in the home, and eliminate excess water (such as backed up drains or dripping pipelines).
- Control food and garbage availability. Store ingredients in glass or plastic containers. Remove filled trash bags from the home at least once per week.
- Make sure to seal up any potential entry points around the home with substances that mice cannot chew through. Waterproof caulking can be helpful, as well as metal exclusion screens. Chat with a pest control pro like Bugtime Termite & Pest Control for additional options.
Not all mouse prevention can be completed on your own. For professional rodent control, advice, and products with no room for error, reach out to Bugtime Termite & Pest Control.
Efficient Measures Of Humble Mouse Control With Bugtime Termite & Pest Control
The most effective way to get rid of a mouse infestation is with help from Bugtime Termite & Pest Control professionals. Providing managed services, advice, and over-the-counter (OTC) products, our team has a plethora of options for treating your Humble, TX mouse problem.
Give us a call today to see what we have in stock, or submit an online contact form to set up an initial inspection right away. We have what it takes to get the job done right from established local businesses to first-time homeowners. Contact us for reliable residential pest control or commercial pest management services.